Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The other mechanicals as well. Paint is always the last thing to do or keep an airbrush and BC/CC handy to touch up the scratches.
BB/CC???? Not sure what those are.
The only mechanical things I can think of are it could use a brake refresh, they aren't horrible but are reaching the end of their expected life. Same with the fluids. Other than that, it's honestly pretty reliable. (Jinx!)
Hasn't been daily driven for 20yrs. I'm sure things will pop up as I get more driving in on her.
Only reason I'm leaning towards painting is I don't really wanna drive around with a hodgepodge of colors and farmer primer. LOL

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BC/CC
Base Coat/Clear Coat
Thanks!!! Lol
I've been back and forth about single stage or BC/CC, leaning towards the later.
Never painted before, but my buddy who worked in a hot rod shop and has painted before will be there to coach and mentor. He wanted to paint it, but I said I've been waiting 30yrs, I'm pulling the trigger. He "respected" that. But I know it kills him inside! Lol
But if he f'd it up, id harbor resentment and I don't want that.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rattle can black primer for the gangster look.
LS? Say it isn't so.
Lol....a step up from rattle cans, but one of the thoughts isn't far off.
Ya, the LS isn't off the table, but not 100% ether. But the financial and ease of getting it running right are hard to ignore.
Still trying to figure which way to go. So many choices, options paralysis for sure, but $$$ is a big one.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Enjoy the fruits of your labor!!! Paint it and run the S&&T out of it while you recoup funds for the LS swap, show it off, I really love the step sides, it looks awesome!!!! I love the stance it has, and I'm a 2 tone guy all the way for paint, little more time for tape off, but the pay out is, well... just f$%k"n" awesome, nothing screams 90's like a 2 tone paint job!! When your ready for motor swap it will make you pay heed to the paint job and make you more aware of things durning the motor swap!!! But then again what do I know, I LOVE THESE TRUCKS!!! Excellent job, not for your work, but the condition your body has been in while you have done work to it, gotta love the human sprit as well as these trucks!! Well enough of that crap, I'm half way through my Captain "n " coke :p!! cheers mate, seriously though, great job on the truck, can't wait for the next installment!!

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried my hand at single stage, I’m most certainly far from a professional but was never happy with results. It looked okay but the longevity just wasn’t there. Started flaking up in places where it just didn’t seem to bond to the primer? Not sure what I did wrong there.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!! Lol
I've been back and forth about single stage or BC/CC, leaning towards the later.
Never painted before, but my buddy who worked in a hot rod shop and has painted before will be there to coach and mentor. He wanted to paint it, but I said I've been waiting 30yrs, I'm pulling the trigger. He "respected" that. But I know it kills him inside! Lol
But if he f'd it up, id harbor resentment and I don't want that.
It's not hard and you don't need $300-$500 guns to do a good job. A decent $100 gun will lay paint nicely. I've painted with elcheapo NAPA gravity guns with excellent results. I still have it but it's been demoted to a primer gun. The highest expense is air/water/oil separators for your airline. I built mine that uses pure silica kitty litter to make sure there is absolutely no water or oil in the air supply.
You can use cardboard sheets with a glossy finish like big screen TV's come in for practice boards to get your airflow and material rates dialed in.