Drop opinions--

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well mine will be pieced together, I will have Belltech spindle's I already have them, with Djm spring's up front, and in the rear I will have a Belltech flip kit I already have that too, and AVS undefloor notch's. I personally do not like how Belltech drop coil spring's ride, but that's personal preference. I don't have any pic's of a CCSB lowered 4-6 with a bigger sidewall tire, but I will soon. I am getting ready to swap the rearend on my DD and I will be lowering it more then.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well mine will be pieced together, I will have Belltech spindle's I already have them, with Djm spring's up front, and in the rear I will have a Belltech flip kit I already have that too, and AVS undefloor notch's. I personally do not like how Belltech drop coil spring's ride, but that's personal preference. I don't have any pic's of a CCSB lowered 4-6 with a bigger sidewall tire, but I will soon. I am getting ready to swap the rearend on my DD and I will be lowering it more then.

Looking forward to seeing it man! So if I went with DJM spring, spindles, and flip kit, the avs underbed notch, and bilstein shocks, I should be good to go huh? Also would be adding swaybars at a later date I imagine, along with air helper bags to help tow. I have a quote from someone on the DJM springs, spindles, and flip kit for $450 shipped. That sound reasonable to you?? Thanks man
--Josh

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a 5/7 drop with 295/50/15 tires and they rub with the lips cut out on the front and the rear rolled...

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing it man! So if I went with DJM spring, spindles, and flip kit, the avs underbed notch, and bilstein shocks, I should be good to go huh? Also would be adding swaybars at a later date I imagine, along with air helper bags to help tow. I have a quote from someone on the DJM springs, spindles, and flip kit for $450 shipped. That sound reasonable to you?? Thanks man
--Josh
Thank's man, yeah that combination of part's will look great on your truck, and a damn good price!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Not from personal experience, but from what friends have told me, the longer trucks occasionally have problems with vibration when they are lowered & need the pinion angle corrected.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah typically I install a 2 in carrier bearing spacer, and then with the newer DJM flip kit the pinion angle is adjustable, so you don't have to buy shim's anymore.

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well as I start buying all the drop components I need ill be asking for exactly what all ill need anyway just to be sure

Nvr2Low

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ask away! I'll help as much as I can.

Thanks man! You could actually start with a brief listing of the parts I'll need, that would be awesome. I already know the DJM spring, spindles, and flip kit. I'm planning the AVS under-bed notch, and bilstein shocks. Question I do have, does the flip kit come with shock extenders, and does it come with a notch. Cause I really don't want to spend the money twice on a notch if I'm planning the AVS one to start with. Planning on running Helwig sway bars front and rear, so will I need to go ahead and get new bushings as well?? But, the sway bars might have to wait a little while, because from the looks of it, they're slightly expensive themselves! lol Will I need a carrier bearing spacer like you said? I got plenty of questions, obviously, but this is a good starting point I guess. Thanks
--Josh

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The kit comes with a notch, & the extenders. The sway bar bushings ae cheap. Under $20.00 each for the front & rear pairs. If your doing all this work, get a urethane bushing kit. You can install the rear bushings when you do the flip. The body mounts are the easiest. Before I lowered the front of mine, I got some used lower A-arms & had the new bushings put into them. I have to pay for hoist time, so this really sped things up.