Droid Torque App for OBD-II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This only applies to the '96+ trucks with OBD-II, but has anyone seen this app for Droid phones? I've downloaded the free version of the app and have ordered the Bluetooth OBD-II connector so I can give it a try. I'm sure once I try it out I'll fork up the $5 for the full version of the app.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjJTaKXEUEY

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive seen it but i havent heard of one really try it on our trucks yet

ill wait for your review on it before i go and spend my money on it

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that looks pretty cool! like a little scanner/logger kindof. what would be interesting is if it could actually record the data as a log and provide it in a graphical synced representation, kinda like efilive's logger does, its really helpful to be able to sync up things like RPM and STFT's and KR and stuff in a graphed layout.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Phones are so wild now. I remember when cell phone were huge peices of crap and only made calls :)

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
What would be completely badass is apps for smart phones that can work as a chip/programmer for your trucks computer, downloading peoples custom programs. :drool:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What would be completely badass is apps for smart phones that can work as a chip/programmer for your trucks computer, downloading peoples custom programs. :drool:

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that in a few years, if not even sooner.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've actually seen someone run EFILive from a tiny phone sized device, check out post #28 here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9269-DELL-Mini-9-Netbook/page3
I bet they have tuning suites that can run from smartphones sometime soon.

jcro61 said:
Phones are so wild now. I remember when cell phone were huge peices of crap and only made calls :)

yeah, you're talking about the motorola Brick, I remember that one:
You must be registered for see images

remember the ones that still had a cord, but it went to a suitcase that you had to carry around?
You must be registered for see images attach