DRL delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AA13

Reaction score
Cool I pulled the honeycomb thing and my amber lights still worked. Thanks again

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Just a quick question. Why does everyone want to delete the DRLs? It's not like they do anything.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question. Why does everyone want to delete the DRLs? It's not like they do anything.

I did it because of 2 reasons. 1) if I want my lights on I can turn them on and 2) i put in HIDs and don't want them to come on then shut off while cranking then come back on again.....

AA13

Reaction score
I just dont like the look of headlights on in the middle of the day. Its kinda pointless to me and is wasting my hid's life span

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I kind of go against the grain.

I run my DRL's but with a twist.

Both my high and low beams are HID so half power DRL's don't cut the mustard. Also, my HID's run off a separate harness so the DRL may or may not trigger the relay and my HID's would come on at full battle cry.

DRL's are also law in Canada after a certain year per vehicle, although I've never heard of an RCMP officer soooo bored that he actually pulled someone over for it.

So I "frenched a set of KC LX2 fog lights in to my front bumper:

You must be registered for see images attach

That's a PS pic, but I've since made it live in metal)

And I run them off a separate DRL module. I also have a "full bright" switch that takes them from DRl to full illumination.

Works for me.

:)

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Ok, Now I understand. I didn't realize you guys all ran HIDs.

1997chevydriver, I run the HIDs in my 01 SS and yeah, I'm not a big fan of the lights turning on and off when I start it. I do plan on installing HID low beams in the truck sometime before winter.

Great White, My 94 Sierra was originally sold in Canada, so I have DRLs. But it only powers the high beams at 1/2 voltage. Doesn't bother me. But I can see where there would be an issue with HID high beams set up. I like the way you have those fog lamps mounted, Nice job!

And Thanks guys for explaining the reason.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
....Great White, My 94 Sierra was originally sold in Canada, so I have DRLs. But it only powers the high beams at 1/2 voltage. Doesn't bother me. But I can see where there would be an issue with HID high beams set up. I like the way you have those fog lamps mounted...

Canada trucks seem to be a crap shoot on whether it's high or low beams.

My 98 was DRLs in the low beams....:dunno:

hookedup50

Reaction score
I believe the reason for DRL is you have 30 percent less chance of getting in accident with them. I only hate them when parking at hunting spots, but override them for that(push dome override 4 times) Hey GW, did opening up the diesel holes in that bumper help cooling and is your pmd there?