Driving '91 GM electronic speedometer from a US Shift Controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Medic0893

Reaction score
So... For my '92 C2500 (4L80e): When I install the US Shift Quick 2, I splice the trucks original Output Speed Sensor (OSS) wires into the Quick 2 OSS harness (Purple & Black). I ignore the Tan wire that US Shift swears will give me a speedometer signal?

I have to agree with Gary: For US Shift not to know this is really disheartening. Makes me wonder how this whole thing is going to work a year from now. And, if it doesn't work, is US Shift going to be able to fix it? Do they really know how there product works? For (close to) $1000 you think you'd be getting a top notch system that's been fully tested and intelligently supported. I know... I'm asking a lot, but I work hard for my money... they should too!

Medic0893

Reaction score
Your original output speed sensor wires should be Light Green w/ black stripe & Purple w/ white stripe. You'll want to splice those in (run in parallel) with the new controllers output speed sensor wires. All your other speedometer wiring will need to go back to "stock".

FWIW, the output speed sensor is a 40 tooth wheel (40 pulses per rotation). This sensor generates it's own AC signal and sends to the DRAC . The DRAC then converts this AC signal into a DC "square wave" signal (2000 ppm/4000 ppm). This is where you can calculate and change for tire size,gear ratio, etc.
Tayto, can you clarify which wires got to which: The US Shift harness is Purple & Black. Which wire on the original harness goes with which? Thankx

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tayto, can you clarify which wires got to which: The US Shift harness is Purple & Black. Which wire on the original harness goes with which? Thankx
just a disclaimer, i've never installed a US shift controller. i hear they are good, but I normally mess around with factory stuff.

what vehicle? if you are trying to get the stock speedo to work you will need to keep the factory output speed sensor wires hooked up and "tap" into them for the US shift controller.