Drivetrain Fluids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
OK so I want to change the transmsion fluid (and filter of course), transfer case, front differential, and rear differential.

I'm not sure which fluids I should use. Any recommendations? I'm thinking of using the Valvoline MaxLife ATF for the transmission? For the transfer case and differential I have no idea what to use.

Thanks for any input.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK so I want to change the transmsion fluid (and filter of course), transfer case, front differential, and rear differential.

I'm not sure which fluids I should use. Any recommendations? I'm thinking of using the Valvoline MaxLife ATF for the transmission? For the transfer case and differential I have no idea what to use.

Thanks for any input.

What year truck? Do you have the transfer case that needs the autotrac fluid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use store brand atf it's the same stuff just cheaper. if you use anything special atf+4. don't use type f

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you go on Amsoil and put your info in they tell u what fluid you need for each and how much and correct me if I'm wrong but the push button 4wd I think you need GM autotrac fluid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No autotrac fluid unless you have the auto 4 wheel drive button.

Yes atf+4 is for Chrysler but it will work in any automatic. we had a power glide running atf+4 in 767hp 358ci s10. it has an antiwear agent in it. any transmission we built that wasn't super high performance or exotic got atf. all of our race units and exotic got atf+4.

In a pinch with the autotrac use atf and a bottle of lube guard for automatic transmissions