Drivetrain Fluids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
ok so i went to the shop and they said they recommend the maxlife fluid for the transmission so i am bringing them that and a filter. yesterday and today in the morning when the truck was cold it was shifting really erratically and acting really weird. im gonna have the filter and fluid done within the next week and hopefully that fixes it.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so i went to the shop and they said they recommend the maxlife fluid for the transmission so i am bringing them that and a filter. yesterday and today in the morning when the truck was cold it was shifting really erratically and acting really weird. im gonna have the filter and fluid done within the next week and hopefully that fixes it.

Did u check your tps sensor mine would shift like crap in the morning then after it warmed up was good replaced the sensor and it shifted mint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mistaake

Reaction score
Did u check your tps sensor mine would shift like crap in the morning then after it warmed up was good replaced the sensor and it shifted mint

if i use my scantool in the morning could i use that to check my tps? it should be smooth and gradual right?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if i use my scantool in the morning could i use that to check my tps? it should be smooth and gradual right?

There is prolly a way to check it, I had rough shifting googled it gave me a few things that was the cheapest one so started there

mistaake

Reaction score
There is prolly a way to check it, I had rough shifting googled it gave me a few things that was the cheapest one so started there

gotcha well i dont want to spend $30 on a tps if i dont need it ;) so ill check with my scantool. if i decide to get a tps, should i go acdelco or can i use bwd junk from oreilly?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
gotcha well i dont want to spend $30 on a tps if i dont need it ;) so ill check with my scantool. if i decide to get a tps, should i go acdelco or can i use bwd junk from oreilly?

True, I just went with AC Delco got it off Amazon

mistaake

Reaction score
True, I just went with AC Delco got it off Amazon

with my employee discount at oreilly id save quite a bit of money by going bwd and i can have it instantly ;) im trying to weigh buying the quality acdelco part that lasts 20 years or buying the lifetime warranty low quality part that i can get replaced for free at any oreilly in the country if i want to...

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
with my employee discount at oreilly id save quite a bit of money by going bwd and i can have it instantly ;) im trying to weigh buying the quality acdelco part that lasts 20 years or buying the lifetime warranty low quality part that i can get replaced for free at any oreilly in the country if i want to...

True, sensors I try to stay AC Delco anything else aftermarket

mistaake

Reaction score
True, sensors I try to stay AC Delco anything else aftermarket

i definitely believe in acdelco spark plugs :) but everythign else i just am skeptical that acdelco is any better. it bothers me to say this but acdelco isnt made in america anyway its all hecho en mexico or made in china lol so why waste money on it? the only thing i like about buying acdelco is im supporting gm a little but its just nice to be able to get a free replacement under warranty from any oreilly since tps is pretty easy to change. if the acdelco part was made in america i would gladly spend extra for it.