DRAC where a VSSB should be...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So by chance while trying to figure out my shifting issue I found something interesting... i have a 94 k1500 and from my searching I should have a vssb behind my glove box but when I took it out to make sure its all good I have a drac there.... DRAC's where till 91 and a VSSB was 92-95..... i will get a couple this coming weekend from the junk yard and see what happens.... I'll adjust it to my truck via... http://www.tbichips.com/drac/#vssb description and see what happens...

Do DRAC's and VSSB's work the same as each other?? Are they suppose to be interchangeable as long as it's programed right for the tire size and gear ratio? The wiring harness connector is the same on both from what I can see in the pics....

sent from what use to be a great country..

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't let that page screw you up with the terminology. Cars/trucks used different setups depending on year. The GMT400 trucks didn't have a separate module UNTIL 1992. From 1988-1991 it's actually built into the cluster's circuitry.

Richard