door panels that dont suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do the 88-94 door panels suck?

Granted, I rarely ever use my power windows (I have heat, and AC, and the climate control can do everything in between) so the water trapped in the pockets are never an issue, but...

Mine are still tight fitting to the door, even after I've R&R'ed them, (granted, I did have to replace the little plastic pins after #2) And both my armrests look mint, and are not in any way loose, cracked, or worn/warped, etc..

I love the 88-94 SLE trim door panels. That cloth/velour topper, cloth lower, the way it slopes, the look of the buttons, etc. etc.

The easiest way I have found to keep the armrests from breaking is when to go to close the door, grip the armrest, and pull the door closed with light/moderate force. Right before the door comes in contact with the striker, let go. The momentum will shut the door, and you won't still "tug" on it slightly the second it closes. Doing this puts next to no strain on the armrest.

Also, as far as "Wearing it out" goes, don't rest just your elbow on it. It's designed to be an ARMrest. Doing this, only puts a fraction of a pound of pressure per inch on the armrest, vs. 20 pounds of pressure over a 2 square inch area.