Door lock? Not sure where to post this???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WPsharpshooter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yesterday I was leaving work and went to put my key in the door to unlock it and I could barely turn it... I literally thought I was going to break my key... I got home and put some de-icer/ lubricant in the lock and it seemed to loosen it up, However this morning, the same thing happened... Tough to turn. Anybody have any other thoughts on what I can do? Its just now started getting cold here, so im guessing that has some to do with it.. Its an 88 btw

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
you might take the door panel off and try lubricating all the connecting rods. they have little clips they ride in, and those points probably need to be lubricated.

Sent from my static android

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Silly southerners and their idea of "cold" lol. Its 3 degrees here. Anyways, I would pull your door panel off and get yourself some fast evaporating carb cleaner, or brake cleaner (be careful as these will remove paint) and clean all the gunk out of the lock mechanisms for both inside and out. Then use a dry lubricant like graphite to lubricate the locks. Wet lubricants like wd-40 and such will collect dirt and grime over time.

WPsharpshooter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, Didnt want to have to jerk the panel but looks like I have to... and 28 degrees down here in TN is fkn cold to me lol