Door alignment issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, crazy. I know they're about a c-note a piece and that they're sold door side/body side separately. I haven't used one since working at the dealership body shop where they push parts. I remember $70-80 invoiced but that was 25 years ago. I have replaced both door and bodyside side hinges when the A-pillar was damaged but with no damage to the bodyside I've got away with doing just the door side for a door replacement. I can cut up 2 piece of plate, weld on a few nuts, and procure some hardware for $195 less than 2 hinge kits. lol

Drilling the factory hinge off is no joke. It's about a half-inch diameter weld that is the thickness of the hinge itself, the inner door frame, another layer of metal maybe, and onto a reinforcement plate that is already in the door. I find the bolts unsightly and so do customers but I've seen plenty of guys fail trying weld them on.
Yep. In all the parts trucks I broke up, I only found one with replacement hinges. They did a good job, doors fit pretty well and shut fine, but to me they were unsaleable because I couldn't honestly tell someone I believed they would fit their truck without issue. Too many variables. I mean overall it wasn't a bad truck, '93 Suburban K1500, ran fine but the trans had given up. It had a bazillion miles. Other than the bad trans, peeling clear, and crumbling aftermarket grille.. lots of good stuff on that truck. Had the grandpa/conversion truck cheesy fiberglass running boards but regular interior - GM seats, no woodgrain trim kit, etc. thank goodness.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard