Does Neutral = Tan ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I’m reading the chart correctly, we can conclude GM made $#*tty charts.

With that said, I wonder why they called it neutral instead of taupe?

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interesting. I thought there was a tan. If not, I suppose the neutrals are of different shades over the years. Meaning, if one has light neutral (like myself), I just can't pick any neutral when searching for a replacement part (or paint). I need to ensure it is light neutral, rather than medium neutral (which I assume is a darker shade).
Medium Neutral II, at least as of 1997-1999 era, is tan.
You must be registered for see images attach

on my park avenue med neutral II is 561 (seats) , 562 (interior color)

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is Neutral and Tan the same interior color?
I want to make sure I’m looking for the correct interior color.
Neutral is lighter than medium neutral II,

The secondary color (the part below and above the window switch panel/vent is not neutral, the tan on most of the door is neutral.

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Neutral is lighter than medium neutral II,

The secondary color (the part below and above the window switch panel/vent is not neutral, the tan on most of the door is neutral.
Gmt 400?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that rain , wet road ? And your doing 102 ? You are a god, among puny mortals.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that rain , wet road ? And your doing 102 ? You are a god, among puny mortals.
oh yeah, 108 is the speed limiter on my park avenue (17 inch wheel cars got 127mph)
no, thats a 1999 oldsmobile aurora. But the color names should be the same across GM
In 2000 GM changed, at least for cars, the naming convention for exterior colors and possibly interior.

99Yak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh yeah, 108 is the speed limiter on my park avenue (17 inch wheel cars got 127mph)

no, thats a 1999 oldsmobile aurora. But the color names should be the same across GM
In 2000 GM changed, at least for cars, the naming convention for exterior colors and possibly interior.
Got it. Thanks