Do TBI engines need/benifit from tune with exhaust upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
A simple timing adjustment chip won't really help you when it comes to freeing up airflow....you'll need a more advanced chip that'll adjust your fuel parameters. Quarter under the stock fpr would also be a good start.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Someone around here has a good 5 position chip. I can't remember it's name though. But I hear it helped a lot.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Find the name, I only have 3 positions in my 96's ecm, and only use 2 of them....way too many optional pre-sets lol.

91RCSBsilvy

Reaction score
A simple timing adjustment chip won't really help you when it comes to freeing up airflow....you'll need a more advanced chip that'll adjust your fuel parameters. Quarter under the stock fpr would also be a good start.

what does a quarter under the stock fpr do? what kind of results can i expect?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
It does the same as running a tighter spring, it let's your fuel pressure rise a little higher before releasing pressure and sending extra fuel back to the fuel tank. Usually when adjusting fuel intake(making it flow more fuel), you need to up your allotted pressure to get a finer spray to allow better fuel/air mix.