difference in Ac Delco water pumps...????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have manged to find two different AC Delco part numbers for a water pump for my 94 Blazer Sport. One is 251-725 and the other is 252-719. Can anyone here shed some light on the difference betwen the two. One is $30 and the other is $80

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did read that but it very vague info IMO. I never understood why some of these auto parts stores have 5 or 6 different listings for parts for our trucks and half the time they have 3 parts from the same manufacturer but no additional info on the difference between them.

sepe91

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best bet would be go to a parts store see if any of them know of any differences between the two

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use to work for an ACDELCO distributor. The 251 series pumps are what is considered OE General Motors...same as you would get from the dealer and only available for GM vehicles. The 252 series pumps were what they considered their "all makes" line which is/was available for all makes and models. We had good luck with both pumps but IIRC the 252 are made by GMB which makes A LOT of the pumps for Carquest, Napa, Federated etc's new after market lines.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use to work for an ACDELCO distributor. The 251 series pumps are what is considered OE General Motors...same as you would get from the dealer and only available for GM vehicles. The 252 series pumps were what they considered their "all makes" line which is/was available for all makes and models. We had good luck with both pumps but IIRC the 252 are made by GMB which makes A LOT of the pumps for Carquest, Napa, Federated etc's new after market lines.

Thanks for that info. I may try the cheaper one with a a lifetime warranty on it and see what happens