Detailing photos/discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
your welcome. i use many high end products and honestly turtle wax is sometimes the best bang for the buck. they have been around forever and i really do like a few of there products. Bug and tar remover, Rubbing compound and chrome polish are my favorites. turtle wax compound is my choice for hand use.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Anyone have a detail trailer? I seen some on Rightlook.com and really want to build one. Lol. I actually got hired to do a complete detail in the morning on a 2011 Hyundai Accent. Actually going to the owners place.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
iv seen a few, but I don't really think its worth it. I can fit all my products and equipment in the bed of my truck. maybe if I had a big carpet extractor or something I would want one. I guess it would be hard to fit it all in a step side bed though.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
iv seen a few, but I don't really think its worth it. I can fit all my products and equipment in the bed of my truck. maybe if I had a big carpet extractor or something I would want one. I guess it would be hard to fit it all in a step side bed though.

It wasnt too bad. Pressure washer is small enough to not take up much room, electricity and water was provided..too bad she canceled after I got everything ready to go.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Earned my Meguiar's certification today. I am now certified to use and train people how to use all of the products! I get a certificate diploma in the mail soon, the meguiar's team are great people they taught me a lot that I thought I already knew!

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys ever use shine supply? Seems like a lot of detail places uses them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
just checked out shine supply and they don't seem very good. Not much information provided and very limited line of products. the DA they sell is , not the best in its price range. Porter Cable is the best in that price range hands down. I get the impression those products are generic and just relabeled as supply shine.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
My trucks hood after a storm. waxed with Meguiars NXT 2.0 (discontinued) then about a week later I tried barrier reef spray wax. this is the result. its pretty good for a spray wax, but my truck has a good build up of wax protection going on already.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some help here.

A guy who lives down the street (his son does the performance work on my cars) asked me to wax his 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner (4 speed, Hemi). Which is an amazing opportunity to get my name out there and possibly earn more clients. Although, I'm not exactly comfortable working on it. Its mostly original paint, and it will not be receiving any clay bar or power buffer. He has Mother's wax and he would like to use that. I've had limited experience working on cars with little or no clear coat. My dad's '78 Nova was an older restoration and I can wax that without issue but since this is another person's car and worth much more I'm doubting myself.

Can anyone give me any pointers or tell me what to do to make sure there isn't any swirl marks or residue left? I have microfiber towels for buffing the wax off. Would detail spray help remove swirl marks/residue?

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
you need to inspect the cars paint very carefully before you start working on it. chances are it already has swirls and rag marks all over it. Mothers 100% Brazilian carnauba paste wax is hard to get off. use only a small amount of wax and I would go one panel at a time waiting for the wax to haze up, which happens in about a minute. an easy way to test is to run your finger through the wax and see if it comes off clean or leaves residue. detail spray works great for cleaning off wax. nothing you are going to do will remove any swirls. make sure you use the plushy towels not the regular microfibers, they scratch like crazy. The key for you will be to make sure you wash the car very well and in the shade and don't let it get water spots. if you use a shamy to dry it be sure it is washed out really well before and dry the bottom of the doors and bumpers last.