Denso 4511 Platinum TT Spark Plugs in Vortec 5.7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
I would usually not use Denso plugs in a GM (usually my rule of thumb is ACDelco when possible or NGK in a pinch) but I have eight brand new Denso plugs floating around and saving money is always good.

Currently the vehicle has 7x Bosch Iridiums and 1x NGK Platinum. Don't ask, don't tell :p Do I get 7 more NGK Platinums or put these Densos in?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rock Auto lists the Denso 4511 as a compatible replacement for the 5.7L Vortecs, which I'm assuming is what you have if your signature is accurate. Only thing I'm noticing is that they're factory gapped at .040", while most of the other options are .060". I say go for it if you've already got them laying around. Can't be much worse than the mismatched Bosch and NGKs. :lol:

mistaake

Reaction score
Rock Auto lists the Denso 4511 as a compatible replacement for the 5.7L Vortecs, which I'm assuming is what you have if your signature is accurate. Only thing I'm noticing is that they're factory gapped at .040", while most of the other options are .060". I say go for it if you've already got them laying around. Can't be much worse than the mismatched Bosch and NGKs. :lol:

so should i leave the gap at 40 or adjust it to 60?

Reaction score
All that really matters is the right seat, the right reach, and the right heat range. you can gap it to whatever you want.