Denali / Escalade Cluster light color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darin1047

Reaction score
I've got both a Denali and an Esky cluster; the Denali is in my truck and it had both the light covers and a tint to it.
I'm also interested in how to remove the tint; I like the blue but I'm just wanting to make little changes for a more stock appearance.
Part of me wants to swap to the 110 speedo I have and do a hyper-stock look with bright white LEDs in everything, and the other part can't be bothered right now.

I am in the same situation. Thinking of just finding a stock cluster and going LED but I put a new fuel stepper motor in the denali and I like the cluster. I didn't change anything else so all other lights are white except my cluster. I am more of a fan of improved stock look of the bright white.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, I got a Denali cluster yesterday. I took it apart to spin the OD up to match the same millage as my OE. The Denail cluster had less miles than my OE had, so a drill and about 20 mins and the millage was the same. I did not feel like swapping out the OD. Anyway, I looked over the Denali cluster good, and noticed that the blue green tint is printed on a plastic panel that the numbers for the speedo and all the gauges are on. So the numbers them selfs, are colored blue green. The only way to change that would be to change out the printed number plastic part. If you try to remove the color, I am sure that you will remove the black background as well. Then you will have no numbers on you gauges. I would think that a good print shop, should be able to reprint you a new vinal decal without the blue green tint. Then maybe you could remove the OE blue green and replace it with a new printed vinal decal with a white background.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The Denali, Escalade, and limited have the same 120mph cluster, the blue tint is caused by a blue film on the back side of the overlay not by a bulb condom, this is why when you use white LEDs they have a blue tint, to fox this you have to tear the cluster apart and wetsand the film off the overlay