Death wobble with all new front end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like one expensive day off. Like mentioned earlier, the vehicle was no doubt making warning signs weeks if not months in advance. Yet the driver can still afford to buy cigarettes and support whatever else they've got going on except for the vehicle which gets them around. Whats more mind boggling is while they say they didn't have the money then they usually end up spending more now to either replace the vehicle or for more repairs generated by the part that failed.

Actually they don't! I almost lost the rear U-joint in my old G20 van once. One day it suddenly had a very faint vibration only at exactly 45 mph. Also with windows down on that cool fall day I hear a faint squeak under 10 mph accelerating against a concrete wall. When I got home I crawled under it. The drive shaft had a massive amount of play. 1/2 of one of the bearing journal was gone on the tunion as were all the needles and the cap was cracked. Was literally about to fall apart on me and I never knew. If I had been on a long highway roadtrip running along at 70+ mph it probably would have failed with no prior warning signs.

My mom had a driveshaft launch out from under the 66 passenger school bus she was driving once on an uphill start. Also no warning at all. U-joints failed and the shaft was GONE. She stepped into the 4 barrel 427 Chevy to get rolling uphill to cross 6 lanes of traffic to make a left turn and the engine just free reved with a massive bang as the shaft broke free and left. Bus was loaded with 60-65 high school students at the time. The shaft actually hit a small car that was in the right turning lane at the time.

Last edited:

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
He tried to tell the cop I was driving down the middle of the road with my headlights off. :D When I heard that crap come out of his mouth I lost it and started yelling there are 4 cameras (Safety Vision, front, rear, side mount cameras with a DVR, like some cop cars here have) on my truck if he wanted to tell that story again. I saw his dumb ass coming toward me across the center line and there was pretty much nowhere to go; 2 lane road over a short bridge. I waited for the last second to be sure he wasn't going to whip the wheel back, and I swerved so it wouldn't be a head-on. He hit the back corner of my door first, then the wrecker bed, bounced off that and hit the rear tires which broke the u-bolt and pushed the tires into the corner of the bed, blowing them out (that's his headlight bucket attached to the corner of the bed), then he continued on to hit the bridge wall. They fixed my wrecker, but it took a lot of work.

Richard

F'n people.. Few things worse than a liar or someone who is absolutely in the wrong but is CONVINCED they are right.