DDM tuning HiDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've dropped quite a few of these into my trucks as well as a few friends trucks, in my 2005 Sierra I put 6000K 35W in my lows and fog lights, and 10'000K 55W in the high beams, I also run the high/beam low relay for a little extra "oomph"

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images

I run the stock housings still, so i use the 9005 and 9006 part numbers still, I just use http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

I've found that 35W will heat up a lot faster than the 55W so if you are going to run the 55W powered HIDs and live in a cold climate (usually fail at -25 and colder I found) the high beam low beam relay is a must, without it for example your 55W highbeams won't turn on at all or turn on very slowly which is really scary driving 110km/hr on the highway

In my 94 I have 5000K 35W in my lows had them for a year love them, I can drive 3.5 hours in pitch black without even touching my highs

You must be registered for see images attach

When installing the HIDs the GM harness' are reverse polarity, to install the amplifier and ballasts you can either cut the wires and splice them to the opposite colors or just put the plug in upside down (that's all I have done on the past 4 vehicles and no issues yet

Not sure if this will help anyone but figured id give it a shot, if you got any questions I can probably help, I've installed these kits in quite a few GM vehicles between 1994-2005, can't imagine the 88-93 are any different, even put these into my buddy's 01 blazer

Sent from the Sierra Club

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Not sure if that's what you had in mind, I didn't go anywhere tonight, tomorrow I will take some on my way back from my buddies

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the 03-06 GM trucks, do you recommend adding any of the extra "options" to the DDM order? I'd like to get 35 watt 6,000 for my highs and lows. Also have you installed these on a Duramax? Just curious where you mounted the ballasts.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never added any extra things to the order, it gives you the ballast, amplifier and the bulbs, they do offer mounting pieces I believe, I installed them in my friends dads 05 duramax, he loves them, in my truck I used double sided tape, but small tech screws into the sidewall would work, there are small holes for mounting, did that to my dads 94, It's really up to you if you want to drill holes for them

Last edited:

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This is his truck comparing the halogen to HIDs, I don't think they mounted the ballasts after I hooked them up haha I haven't either in my 94, been like that for a year, didn't want to drill holes

And heres a pic of my trucks lights