Dana 44 bad actuator help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Alright so i got a ole 87 dodge w250 from my grandpa and i didnt realize the 4x4 didnt actually work until yesterday when i threw the plow on it and hit a patch of wet grass. It weighs nothing in the rear end when the plow is up and it was stuck lol. For those of you who heard me talk about this turd my gpa cracked one side of the frame with it when he was pulling a trailer with the skid loader on it. I welded a plate onto it to try to patch it up the best i could so i could still use it to plow until i get a mount for my truck.

Anyway, does anyone know how to rig it up for the 4x4 to work? I know it has something to do with the actuator on the front diff because the front driveshaft spins and the vaccum lines still look good. Its new sole purpose in life is to keep the snow out of the driveway and thats it. itll never leave the farm again until i decide to scrap it so if its in 4x4 all the time now its no big deal.