Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Um, where's the rust? LOL :D

Just kidding around. Is the rust starting on rockers?

Yeah. Both rear rockers, and if you zoom in under the rear drivers side door you can see the worst of it. There's a bunch of other little spots, too. It's nothing super serious, but I've decided I'm going to finally have to start doing something about it. Unfortunately I don't have eight grand sitting around to do the whole thing including paint, so I'll probably end up fixing one spot at a time and just having them prime it. Suburban is going to be ugly for a while until it gets all its skin issues resolved. :lol:

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah. Both rear rockers, and if you zoom in under the rear drivers side door you can see the worst of it. There's a bunch of other little spots, too. It's nothing super serious, but I've decided I'm going to finally have to start doing something about it. Unfortunately I don't have eight grand sitting around to do the whole thing including paint, so I'll probably end up fixing one spot at a time and just having them prime it. Suburban is going to be ugly for a while until it gets all its skin issues resolved. :lol:
Just do the lower black color.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just do the lower black color.

Yeah, I've been weighing the options between that and primer. My only issue is that once this is done I know I'm going to want to paint the whole thing. If that's the case, it's going to have to be sanded down again regardless. Seems like primer would be the cheaper option by far, although much uglier.

EDIT - Also there's a couple of little tiny surface rust spots up in the silver.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I agree about doing something about it now, it's still a clean looking Burb, or else it will be like 95% of GMT400's here in Iowa - half rotten. :lol:

You might even get away with just having the body shop just redo the rear rockers and that's it, if it's not that bad, since your running boards are pretty much covering it anyway, people probably won't notice. :)

Reaction score
Got a brand new gas tank for the burban, then I drilled a big ol hole in the bottom of it and got it primed and painted. Finished up the motor and got it on the hoist. Pulled the rest of the unnecessary & rusty items from under the truck.Painted the drivers side frame, mounted the airdog and ran new fuel lines... Attempted to start the wiring again
You must be registered for see images attach

Edit:this should be in the what did you do to your gmt400 today thread. Alas the perils of posting late at night.

Last edited:

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Picked up this truck in an interesting way. Previous owner bought a car from my work, came from 4 hours away with a Uhaul trailer. While loading it, he somehow drove over the big lip and off the front of the trailer and got the car stuck, and also ripped the hitch half off of the truck because it was so rusty. It ended up damaging the radiator so he was screwed. Ended up having to call two tow trucks to get the car off the trailer. He then dropped the trailer off locally, and i was talking to him and he offered to trade the truck for the cost of the part/labor to replace the radiator. It was a Suzuki Grand Vitara, nobody around stocked one so he ended up driving the truck home while i waited for the new radiator. I ordered one online for $57 and it took me maybe 45 minutes to install. Its a 1998 K1500, 350/auto/3.73 post with 14 bolt rear. 150k miles, the guy maintained it very well. Frame is pretty much mint from front bumper to the rear wheels, beyond that is rough. The spare tire bracket is about to fall out. It also comes with an 8.5 foot Fisher plow, but i have to drive 4 hours to him and pick it up because he didn't want to risk driving that far with it hooked up. Either way, one hell of a deal! Im going to end up selling it to my Dad for a lot plow truck/wood hauler.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent a good chunk of yesterday washing my truck only to have thunderstorms roll through all afternoon, so I guess it's a run through the car wash and then hand wash and detail it again.

Also came across this rig, ran into town to get some food and saw it sitting, and from the rattling idle and 5 inch tip, it was powered by a 6.5.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Spent a good chunk of yesterday washing my truck only to have thunderstorms roll through all afternoon, so I guess it's a run through the car wash and then hand wash and detail it again.
I can't stress enough how good that truck would look with a lower valence

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Yeaaaaaah.....nooo, I don't know what it is but I don't like valences on 4x4 trucks, maybe I'll pull the one out of the attic and mock it up for ***** and giggles.
Do it. Leave it on for a week, report back. If you still don't like it, I promise I won't bring it up for 6 months :rofl: