cylinder head help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok guys i have my stock 193 heads and i am most likely going to haev to run them with my new engine setup.so im looking at what people call (head work) or a (valve job) when they do this what are they actually doing? just changing valve stem seals?i have new comp cams keepers,retainers,springs never installed to put on these heads and im wondering.what they do in these procecures?

koke

Reaction score
a valve job is where the will re-grind the seats in order to have the valves seal better, most common is the "three stage" where there is three angles on the valve and in the head. you might want to look at buyin new valves too! summit has there valves for right around 140$ will get you all new stainless valves. (1.94intake and 1.5 exhaust) also make sure the width of your new springs will fit in the spring seats of your heads, if not you will need to buy a spring seat cutter.