CV joints????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am trying to buy my wife a Tahoe or Yukon,. We looked at one today, and the front tire passenger front tire was bowing out at the top like a hopper with hydros. I am wondering what this could be. And sorry for my lack of knowledge on 4x4 stuff. Mostly been messing with lowered stuff and thought I would give this a try.

Any ideas guys on what this could be would be appreciated.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, so if I do end up getting this truck, what should it cost approximately?
And thanks for the quick responses.

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, so if I do end up getting this truck, what should it cost approximately?
And thanks for the quick responses.

Bring it to a tire/lift shop. They will check it out for free, and let you know exactly what is up.

Sent from my infected Android using tapatalk.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so they took the truck to Discount tire and they said that the axle is loose and needs to be tightened. Does that sound right to you guys?

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would take it to a actual shop or bring a jack and jack the front end up and check for play in the joints, wheel bearings.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Usually a loose axle causes it to imitate a bad upper ball joint, where the bottom of tire sticks out further than top. If top is sticking out, sounds like a bad alignment issue or lower ball joint. Has it been lifted? It could be they lifted and didnt correct the alignment.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No lift brotha. Stock and the tire sticks out on the top. Talked to my bro-in-law and he said that it is probably the same thing I just had him do to my truck. Rebuild the front suspension.