Custom rear bumpers *pics please*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Haha in the OP I did say I needed one to stand one, and use for all the practical things bumpers are good for. But a roll pan looks good for sure. I found this one and I am thinking it's probably the best of both worlds. He is obviously a member here and everything if anyone had some insight into how he made this work and still be strong enough to pull on and whatnot.
I had one made EXACTLY like that I'll look for pics

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
If somebody rear ends me and hits the body I'm gonna have more to worry about than what a bumper would have stopped haha

If someone hits you hard enough, sure the bumper won't save you..... but with a role pan EVERYTHING is hard enough to damage the body.

Considering the bumper would cause more damage by shoving into the box

That makes no sense, at all.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If someone hits you hard enough, sure the bumper won't save you..... but with a role pan EVERYTHING is hard enough to damage the body.

That makes no sense, at all.
I'm sorry you couldn't understand

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yup, my fault, I have a real tough time understanding things that defy physics and logic.
Lol a bumper shoving into a box in an accident defys physics and logic? Your one confused individual aren't you. Do you need pictures?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I was rear ended pretty hard twice in my 92 RCSB. Both time it barely did any damage to anything, stock bumper.

Guys, what he is saying is that if the impact is hard enough to push the bumper into the bed then the same impact without the bumper is going to devastate the bed.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I like that one. Pretty clean looking and still functional. Roll pans look good on a weekend driver but not very practical for somebody that actually uses their truck.

How's it not practical for someone who actually uses their truck? I'd really like to know your input on this cause I can do just as much with the rollpan as I could with any other bumper

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score

What I was meaning is that at 9" of lift soon to be 13" in the rear(the front is higher) if somebody hits my body it's gonna do just as much damage whether I had a bumper or the rollpan, frame is getting destroyed either way, typical vehicle is going to hit the suspension though

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you have any pictures of how it's mounted. I'm trying to figure out how to make one of these and still be strong enough to pull on if the need arises. I just can't see a regular bolt on bumper would be strong enough.