Custom rear bumpers *pics please*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you offroad guys post some pictures of your rear bumpers? My stock one has seen it's better days and was debating on getting a buying an aftermarket one or getting a custom one made. I'm not really looking for a big huge pipe or something like that. I'm looking for something more sleek or just overall aesthetically pleasing that is still going to be good for standing on and all the normal things bumpers are good for. And I don't have a tow hitch so it doesn't have to accommodate that. Thanks guys.

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm definitely digging the roll pan a lot more than the stock bumper.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm definitely digging the roll pan a lot more than the stock bumper.

HAHA, I was thinking the opposite! I need something to step on, put stuff on, and something to get hit before the body gets hit.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
HAHA, I was thinking the opposite! I need something to step on, put stuff on, and something to get hit before the body gets hit.

If somebody rear ends me and hits the body I'm gonna have more to worry about than what a bumper would have stopped haha

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Considering the bumper would cause more damage by shoving into the box

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Haha in the OP I did say I needed one to stand one, and use for all the practical things bumpers are good for. But a roll pan looks good for sure. I found this one and I am thinking it's probably the best of both worlds. He is obviously a member here and everything if anyone had some insight into how he made this work and still be strong enough to pull on and whatnot.

woody44

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like that one. Pretty clean looking and still functional. Roll pans look good on a weekend driver but not very practical for somebody that actually uses their truck.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Here's one I whipped up for about $50 (including D rings) because my stock one rusted out. 3/16" C channel, welded two plates for mounting. Cut, welded, and ground the D ring brackets. Hung the plate from a hinge and boom, gotta bumper.