Custom rear A/C install in a crew cab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone ever look into a custom rear AC install in a crew cab pickup?
Could install the rear A/C components from a Tahoe or Suburban in the bed….
Just a thinking out loud idea
Maybe I’ll look into it

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I haven't considered that yet, but I am wondering how much work it'd be to put a couple of small ducts under the seat(between the sides of the middle part) to get a little more cool air in the back seat area.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mounting an ac in the bed would be a waste of time. The air cannot recirculate. Front dash unit should be more than powerful to cool a crew cab if it is working correctly. My old G20 van, my Express van and my Pathfinder all cool well enough that I do not even use the rear units unless I have a full load of people. Get some good tint.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
2x on the tint! If the system is properly charged and working, it's going to get cool enough. My crew cab needs a little bit of charge, but it will get the cab cooled down as is, just takes a little time when it's hot and humid like Houston, Texas is. In the late afternoon and evening it gets cold!
Main reason the Burbs have dual air is they have twice as much cabin and glass to cool.