custom gauge cluster/bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for the filler leading to the question, im currently building a 93 k1500 but in the process im completely ditching the computer, its going to have a simaler drive train to a 73-87 k10. carbed block, TH400, still looking at transfer cases, a dana 44 front and a corporate in the back, deciding between 10 or 12 still working on research.

but now the question. with all that said would there be any way to run the stock cluster without the computer?

and also has anyone ever fabbed up a k10 bezel and cluster to work in the early dash style? they look just about the same size around the outside, chances are in going to try it but im wondering if anyone has so i have a rough idea on fab work. i know there will be a lot of fab to get it to fit right.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i mesured each bezel and the top side to side is 2' then the bottom side to side is 2' 2 1/4" wich seems a little to good lol the bottom and mounting points on the bezel would be the most work then im doing read ups on what the cluster needs to work

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what are some good web sites for cheaper aftermarket gauges? so far what im finding from jegs and summit and amazon are fairly expensive. the other route im thinking is using the square body bezel and mount all aftermarket mechanical gauges

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok since im geussing pricing is as good as its going to get on amazon, does anyone know what some good gauges are? im doing full mechanical gauges, stock-ish 5" tach and speedo then 2 1/16 oil pressure, voltage, temp and gas. then im also getting a triple pod pillar for a 2 5/8 trans temp, fuel pressure, and im thinking a vacume pressure but the last one is still in the air, i am going to try and have them all match

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Factory cluster is independent of the computer except for speedometer. However what has been done on TBI to carb conversions is leaving the computer in place to run the ignition as well as electronic fuel pumps and transmission if its an electronic unit like a 4L60E.

hipasschev94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how did the square bodies run there ignition? and im going mechanical for the fuel pump and im using a TH400 for the trans so it doesnt need the computer, and ive run through a few different scenarios in my head and the route i want to take is make the square body bezel fit then use recessed mounted after market mechanical gauges, the reason i want to use the older bezel is 1 i havent seen someone do it yet, and 2 they look better imo with after market gauges

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Square bodies used the old style HEI dizzy where the coil and timing advanced are controlled by weights and springs in the dizzy.

~Via Mobile now Free

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Good and decent price don't get along when it comes to gauges.

~Via Mobile