Custom gauges cluster wiring.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wasted wages

Reaction score
This may have been discussed before and I simply missed the thread but here it goes. I am building a completely custom gauges setup for my truck wasted wages. I have finally tracked down all the guages and all the senders needed so all I have left now is wiring. This is where my question comes in can I daisy chain all the grounds to one ground and all the hots to one hot wire or would I need to run them through junction blocks? Im not a wiring experbso I figured it would be best to ask before I make a possible mistake.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which gages? Also is it 88-91, 92-94, 95 , 96 up? I did a 92-94 install. i followed the oem wiring guide. Simply; yes u can daisy chain.. but i did sep them into 2 daisy chains then linked together at hi beams iirc (as that what the drawings specify)

Attachments

• IMG_3886.jpeg
    IMG_3886.jpeg
    378.5 KB · Views: 13

wasted wages

Reaction score
Which gages? Also is it 88-91, 92-94, 95 , 96 up? I did a 92-94 install. i followed the oem wiring guide. Simply; yes u can daisy chain.. but i did sep them into 2 daisy chains then linked together at hi beams iirc (as that what the drawings specify)
They are vdo gages the cabs a 94 model cab on a 88 chassis. Basically none of the factory gages worked and I didn't like them anyway so I figured I'd make my own setup.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are vdo gages the cabs a 94 model cab on a 88 chassis. Basically none of the factory gages worked and I didn't like them anyway so I figured I'd make my own setup.

take a look

wasted wages

Reaction score

take a look
Thanks I'll read it.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would run 18 gauge to tach and speedo then loop off to your other instruments from there. Always bear in mind that you may some day have to replace a gauge so make sure you build in serviceability.