Custom Dash / Accessories - 3D Printed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question for those requesting the USB lighter port - a 2 part design with a back plate and face plate would hide the screw holes, but drive cost up. A one part design is simpler and cheaper to produce. General thoughts on the appearance of the one-part design below?

You must be registered for see images attach

Yes, this exactly & just use the stock screws.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the front, yes. I believe these guys are talking about the second and third row ashtrays in Tahoes/Suburbans. No cig lighters back there.

Exactly that.

Plus, who cant use more pwr ports in a Tahoe/Suburban?
Plus w/ them being converted into something more useful, it's guaranteed that they are trash cans for the passengers.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
The issue with the moving parts within the vents are the small dowels and friction fits between multiple components - they would likely end up costing way more than most guys would pay for them per OE style vent ($40+) due to the R&D and time to assemble/QC.

@PlayingWithTBI
@Wildblue19

How about offering them as "some assembly required"? Come up with 1 instruction sheet, throw a copy in with the pieces to build a set. Yes/no?
Not like we have another source... just brainstorming.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This ashtray...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is a 92-94 style, correct?
Mines a 99 & it doesn't look like that.

The problem that I forsee is what to put in that ashtrays location? Directly behind that ashtray should be the steel of the door, even if you were to cut a hole in the metal, I'm not sure if you would have enough depth to mount a pwr port before hitting the glass?

If someone is willing to,
1: take that ashtray off & confirm that it is solid metal behind it.
2: get a measurement from the glass to the ashtray mounting surface of the door panel.

Maybe the replacement part need to bump off of the door panel 1/3-1/2" in order to mount a pwr port & the wiring clear the glass? How would it look?

This is the ashtray in the rear doors of my 99 Suburban. This style has plenty of depth for mounting a pwr port.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the ashtray style in the 3rd row of my 99 Suburban.

The j/y's in my area dont get many of the 92-94 Suburban/Blazer or 2dr Tahoe's, so I can't confirm the style or placement of their ashtrays. When we do get them, I dont pay any attention to them as their interiors are diff than mine.
I gave a quick look in the LMC catalog & they only have the dash ashtrays listed.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the ashtray style in the 3rd row of my 99 Suburban.

The j/y's in my area dont get many of the 92-94 Suburban/Blazer or 2dr Tahoe's, so I can't confirm the style or placement of their ashtrays. When we do get them, I dont pay any attention to them as their interiors are diff than mine.
I gave a quick look in the LMC catalog & they only have the dash ashtrays listed.

Yup, this is the same setup my '97 'burb has. Pretty sure the ashtray you posted here is the same as what @1ton-o-fun posted earlier.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, this is the same setup my '97 'burb has. Pretty sure the ashtray you posted here is the same as what @1ton-o-fun posted earlier.

Except his pic shows the large style one in the rear door @ the top of the door panel. Hence why I said that I wasn't sure if a pwr port could be mounted there w/o being bumped out.