custom bed flloor pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
ok, yea the kits are too $$$ for my blood. got a cpl ideas kicking around since i can't seem to find a decent bed.

I hear yah... its still gonna be pricey for me.. its 200$ for the type of wood i wanna use alone! good thing i can do all the planing and stuff my self. Same wite the strips, their like 300$ plus tax here is 13% so itll end up costing a pretty penny... then i have to powder coat them.... (i dont want any chrome on my truck... little accents here and there like the polish bolts... but thats it..)

Hey baron, what are you saying about the spare tire on a 30 degree angle? Like the old style trucks? up on the side? keep in mind im going to have a tonneau cover....

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
'56 F100's have the battery under the passenger floor board with an access panel. Makes carpet jobs in those a pita. The carpets either have to have a removable panel, or the whole passenger side has to be able to be lifted up for access.
So, some of the custom ones I've worked on have a battery box that drops down & makes the battery accessible from outside & under the truck. Need to use a side post battery.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
'56 F100's have the battery under the passenger floor board with an access panel. Makes carpet jobs in those a pita. The carpets either have to have a removable panel, or the whole passenger side has to be able to be lifted up for access.
So, some of the custom ones I've worked on have a battery box that drops down & makes the battery accessible from outside & under the truck. Need to use a side post battery.

The 47-54 Chevy trucks have the battery located there as well. Passenger side floor board to the right beside the tunnel!

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im doing a raised bed floor with the wood floor also.. going to mount my gas tank out back an run the filler neck up an flush with the floor.. the gas cap or filler is going to be off a newer dodge charger..

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Gotta link thats the one I need rt there! Im doing a raised stock floor.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
This thread is full of win. But now can't decide what to do with my 92, I like the idea of a raised false floor with hinges and have my tank and compressors mounted underneath. Or keep the factory grooved floor and continue the grooves over the notch cover