custom bed flloor pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
So, im reviving this thread to hopefully get some opinions. I really didnt want to spill the beans to to much, The ideer has been said already... but heres the plan! Im doing a wood floor. Red cherry wood, with some red stain to really make it pop! Im going to run some black powder coated stainless steel rails with a normal 6 sided stainless steel bolt that is polished to hold it down. Hoping to aim for a nice clean/badass look. Im going to relocated the windshield washer fluid jug to under the box, behind the driver wheel. So i will make either a filler neck with a little motorcycle gas tank filler cap, or i will make the wood open. Another detail i found today that i think could look cool done if done right, is having the spare with a brand new tire and the rim cleaned very nice mounted to the bed...

You must be registered for see images attach

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the bed wood will look great Eric! It'll give it a really nice classic feel. Are you planning on keeping the OE gas tank? Or putting a blazer tank or fuel cell between the rear frame rails? If I where you, id shave the gas door and put in in.the bed floor, that'd clean the drivers side of the truck up nicely.

As for the spare tire in the bed, in my opinion it'd look best mounted at the front of the bed at about a 30* angle if you are planning on having a matching spare. You could also recess the in bed filler neck, make a small access panel with a continuous piano hinge; so the filler would be completely hidden!

For the washer tank, you can put a small filler neck on the inside of the bed wall opposite of the OE gas filler neck.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I think the bed wood will look great Eric! It'll give it a really nice classic feel. Are you planning on keeping the OE gas tank? Or putting a blazer tank or fuel cell between the rear frame rails? If I where you, id shave the gas door and put in in.the bed floor, that'd clean the drivers side of the truck up nicely.

As for the spare tire in the bed, in my opinion it'd look best mounted at the front of the bed at about a 30* angle if you are planning on having a matching spare. You could also recess the in bed filler neck, make a small access panel with a continuous piano hinge; so the filler would be completely hidden!

For the washer tank, you can put a small filler neck on the inside of the bed wall opposite of the OE gas filler neck.

For the filler gas door, you hit the hammer right on the nail! Im doin exacly what you said. Im shaving the side door, then im sinking the black foor cover i posted into the wood. Like a flush mounted one. same with the washer fluid, that little motorcycle filler cap will be flush mounted in the wood. i forgot to mension, that the bateries are going on the inside of the bed walls, beside the frame. In front of each wheel, i will make a bracket that i push up with the baterie then bolt the whole bracket/baterie at the same time.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
to make the wood floor? im making it myself. Im real good friends with the shop teacher at my old school. So hes gonna get me some rough lumber, i will plan it and clean it up at my old school. Then from there i will fit it to the inside of the box. Then from here, i have decided. Im either going to use just plain flat sheet metal to make the strips, because itll be black. Or i will order on for a older like 50's fleet side truck and cut the rails to fit.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
ok, yea the kits are too $$$ for my blood. got a cpl ideas kicking around since i can't seem to find a decent bed.