cruise module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where do I find a reman cruise control module?
They are listed a few places but always out of stock.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never really hear of these going bad. Are you sure something else isn't causing the problem?

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree check wiring and switch on stalk

Reaction score
I was able to find a replacement CC module for my '93 6.5 C2500, if this is the type of module you have. I think it was a Dorman, but can't find the paperwork on it now. My bad module would not maintain an acceleration for more than a couple seconds and after taking the cover off of it, found that the cable ribbon spool worm and spur gears were bad. The worm gear's center teeth worn out badly. Plastic gears, of course. The reman. module had a bad problem of very abrupt action on reengaging a set speed. Annoying. So, I took the cover with the circuit card off the old module and put it on the reman. module that had the new worm and spur gears. Solved the problem and has worked fine for 5 yrs. now. Lube the new gears with something that's compatible with plastic gears if you do this.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
tried 2 already both those were also bad.
So you have THREE bad cruise modules in a row? Unlikely.

The gear issue mentioned in the previous reply is definitely an exception to the rule.

About the only failures I've seen on cruise modules are where the cable gets physically damaged (seems to happen by external forces, not defect or wear) or the solder joints fail on the circuit board, much like the well-known wiper circuit board issue, but far less common on the cruise. You can fix that issue easily, of course.

Otherwise the most likely suspects, in order, are the multifunction lever on the pre-95 models (you didn't say what year your truck is), or the brake switch.

Richard