Cruise Control Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BloodMoneyOBS

Reaction score
Maybe this is in the wrong place, and if so, I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction, but this seemed tangentially related.

I have a 1992 C1500 RCSB Silverado with intermittent wipers and cruise control. When I got the truck, the owner told me that the cruise control had gone out during his ownership. Some googling let me to the switch itself as one of the most common failure points. I figured $40 and a few minutes of my time was worth it, so I replaced the switch. It went smoothly, and I have no complaints, but my cruise control still does not work. I understand these truck don't indicate cruise being active, but I confirmed that it is not.

Where do I look next? Is there a popped fuse I missed? Some folks think it's the brake switch, but I'm not having issues with any of my lights. My fear is having to chase broken wires.

Any help is appreciated!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Watch this and see if it helps. It may be a different setup but can give you an idea