Cross member help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbuck49

Reaction score
I have a 91 c1500 that has a turbo 400 but no cross member or shift linkage. I am looking for photos of the cross member and a source for it and linkage. I think I will swap the turbo 400 for a 700r. Thanks

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 91 c1500 that has a turbo 400 but no cross member or shift linkage. I am looking for photos of the cross member and a source for it and linkage. I think I will swap the turbo 400 for a 700r. Thanks
Junk yard would prob be the best place to source one cheap once you determine the one you need. I would think your 91 C1500 should already have a 700R4...Do you know if the Turbo 400 was swapped in at some point? Does it still have the factory induction or has a diff intake and carb been installed?

Jimbuck49

Reaction score
Junk yard would prob be the best place to source one cheap once you determine the one you need. I would think your 91 C1500 should already have a 700R4...Do you know if the Turbo 400 was swapped in at some point? Does it still have the factory induction or has a diff intake and carb been installed?
The 400 was swapped in. It has a non- computer carb motor.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree, junkyard is your best bet. If you grab 20 other greasy junk things while you're there and crack a few unfunny jokes, the lady might just sigh at you and charge you for 7 of them. Strategy, and value.

Ray Fiset

Reaction score
I completed a swap this summer. V6 TBI and 5 speed out, Old school carbed 350 and TH400 in. I found the original trans mount fit perfectly, as well as the drive shaft, gotta love chevys. This should help widen your search.

Cheers

Ray Fiset

Reaction score
I completed a swap this summer. V6 TBI and 5 speed out, Old school carbed 350 and TH400 in. I found the original trans mount fit perfectly, as well as the drive shaft, gotta love chevys. This should help widen your search.

Cheers
Should have added its a 94 C1500 shortbox fleetside.