Crappy Bumper Impact Strips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimdaug

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I just broke my second impact strip because of the stupid hammer on clips that come with them instead of the push on clips that the factory ones use and of course the OEM ones are discontinued. So that's $100 gone because they're $20 each but $30+ to ship. There's ones on ebay that are $70 but you can tell it's the same stupid hammer on clips in the picture.

Are there *ANY* options for these?

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its not the impact strip, its the fastener you are using. Use cut nuts on all the pins and you will be successful. The hammer on clips suck.

jimdaug

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind for the future. I epoxied the broken peg and a plastic washer as a fix. It's good enough for now.

I also had to order a new grill and filler because the tabs on the filler weren't snapping into the grill and I couldn't tell what the issue was and everything was kind of bound up an ended up snapping the outer clips on the filler and middle tab on the grill. So frustrating.

I really wish there was some mid level tier available for older vehicles since OEM parts are discontinued . I've got no problem spending slightly more for stuff that works.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of clips, could you post a photo. I'd like to look at Auveco , see if they carry them.