Crap Wiring with Carb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJWTX

Reaction score
Ok so I had a whole bunch of wiring and electrical Issues with my truck so I ripped out all of the TBI crap installed vortec heads and Wieand intake with a basic edelbrock carb. got all of the wiring done up and all the EFI removed. But here is the thing nothing is turning on, no fuel pump no starter. Cluch is depressed and battery is charged all fuses are good. My question is, is there some sort of funky wiring issue or a circuit that is not allowing my fuel pump and starter to enguage? ECM is gone and so is the engine bay side of the wiring. I have the complete dealer service wiring/electrical manual and that is what I used to modify the harness. any help will be greatly apperciated im sure it is something just simple.

1992 K2500 NV4500 350 carbed w/AC

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Well, thats a loaded question given the history and current state of your wiring, lol.

The ECM would normally control or at least have most circuits pass through the ECM. In your case since you eliminated that, I would recommend going through and making a completely new harness for everything. It sounds intimidating but its simple if you break it down to single systems. Get the fuel pump working with a relay tied into an ign-on hot circuit, re-wire the starter with a new relay and fresh wires, keep going with everything you need until everything is working again.

RJWTX

Reaction score
Well, thats a loaded question given the history and current state of your wiring, lol.

The ECM would normally control or at least have most circuits pass through the ECM. In your case since you eliminated that, I would recommend going through and making a completely new harness for everything. It sounds intimidating but its simple if you break it down to single systems. Get the fuel pump working with a relay tied into an ign-on hot circuit, re-wire the starter with a new relay and fresh wires, keep going with everything you need until everything is working again.
NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! lol I was hoping not to have to rebuild the harness wiring too. lol

RJWTX

Reaction score
I Figured it out, the brand new relay was bad and my starter was bad lol. But i did rebuild alot of the wiring harness.