Could use some help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My truck has been acting up and was hoping someone might know whats causing it. When my truck is going up a hill or needs a decent amount of power and has to work for maybe like 15 seconds straight. It starts to shake a little. When I let off the gas it stops, but continues once I hit the gas again. But if I kinda floor it more, the shaking goes away... If the truck has to work more than the 15 seconds, the service engine light flashes on and off then stays on for like a day.

I also have one more question.
My truck also likes to hesitate when I come to a stop, and start back up quickly. It takes like 1 second before I get full power. Anyone know whats causing both of these problems?

Any help works! Thanks!

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pull codes and go from there. With the ses light flashing it's most likely misfiring. What year is the truck?

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the codes checked. Said cylinder 5 is misfiring, and I had it tuned up not that long ago...

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you ever had your fuel injector spider assembly replaced or updated?

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a similar misfire on my 98 Sub. It was a bad fuel injector. I changed out to the MPFI style instead of the injectors that were original. It was a little cheaper, but now there is an injector at each port instead of in the center of the manifold. Pretty easy to get to really. After you get through all the hoses on top and take the throttle body off, the top half of the intake comes off pretty easy. I spent some time with carb cleaner and cleaned all the carbon off the inside of the intake. Ran like a champ, but now I've been chasing o2 issues. Haven't messed with it in a while, but have had a code for about a year. The tip of one of the o2 sensors was bent inside the pipe. I have no idea how it happened, but I think it clogged the cat before I found it.

munly

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 98 350 vortec. New cap, rotor and wires fixed my problem.