correct way to remove TBI unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the correct way to remove the TBI unit, I was looking at TBI spacers and was looking at the instructions and it was saying to remove the fuel pump fuse start the engine and let it run till it dies then remove the lines, then someone on a different Chevy forum that knows alot about these OBS trucks said this "disconnect battery, open gas cap to release vapor pressure and TBI fuel pump has a auto bleed off when key is off, then put cap back on before beginning work" so which is the right way to go about it or is there a different way? All I am doing is removing my current TBI unit replace it with a unit I did the ultimate TBI mods to and replacing all the gaskets on my current pod and swapping that over, just want to go about this the right way, thanks for the help

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know about other members, I simply disconnected all vacuum lines, sensors, fuel lines and the three main bolts not the intake and pulled it. Not sure if there is a 'correct way' that's just how I did it

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know about other members, I simply disconnected all vacuum lines, sensors, fuel lines and the three main bolts not the intake and pulled it. Not sure if there is a 'correct way' that's just how I did it

Lolz ya its like anything else everyone has a way to do it, only thing I'm concerned about is the fuel lines don't want a lot spraying out

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As long as the pumps not running then it's all gravity. You may get a little overflow but nothing substantial

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
disconnect battery, disconnect iac,tps, and vaccum lines, disconnect pcv, disconnect fuel lines and injectors, remove three bolts on pod, lift/wiggle/light rubber mallet tap and your golden.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Also you can just remove the 3 bolts, lift up and there is enough room to slide the spacer in.. I don't think I disconnected any lines when I put mine on. Don't do this if your intake manifolds covered in grime though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSOkie