Cooling system upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
The factory spot for the heater hose goes just a little under the rad cap. With the new rad that stop for the heater hose was removed.I just placed the hose there untill I figure out where to move the heater hose. I also I had to move my truck to

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Thats a very nice setup, but then again... what are you going to do with the hose? i wouldnt want to have it in the filler spout lol

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
no matter what you do make sure the radiator support is cutout all the way, the 454 and 6.5 have the whole area cutout, the small block and v6 support have about 4" total covering the radiator flow on the sides

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no matter what you do make sure the radiator support is cutout all the way, the 454 and 6.5 have the whole area cutout, the small block and v6 support have about 4" total covering the radiator flow on the sides

Not all of the sb ones have the "block off" plates.

Sent from somewhere in MN

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
the 454 has a 34" core ...most 305's and 350's have a 27" core ...they are interchangable...i have the modine core that has the oil and trans coolers...but not using them yet...you will have to upgrade the hoses...and a good high flow water pump from edelbrock would be a good addition...