coolers external

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
so my burban has internal oil and tranny coolers but would i be able to hook up external coolers as well if so where can i find the lines for them and hook tnem up

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the Trans lines off a pickup with the external cooler. As for the oil cooler you could use high pressure rubber hose

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the Trans lines should line up perfectly as for oil lines you will have a tough time finding factory lines so you may have to make your own

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just add an external cooler in addition to the ones in the radiator.

easiest way to do that would be to cut one of the existing lines for each fluid type, then run one end to the in of an external cooler, and the out of the cooler to the other end of the cut line.

Easy as pie. Use high pressure hose to avoid leaks.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured he could go with the factory Trans lines just for the "original equipment" look

tailpipe51

Suburbanholic
Reaction score
I would like the factory look if possible so would my truck run cooler if I have a internal and external cooler?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like the factory look if possible so would my truck run cooler if I have a internal and external cooler?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

The Trans will. And the oil will but seeing a difference in the engine temp will be minimal if any