Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I think I found it. Lower radiator hose barely leaking and it’s going onto the support for radiator so it wasn’t really dripping. I will put a new hose on tomorrow morning and update the thread if it is fixed or not.

Reaction score
Okay so the level goes down over night and I’ve used cardboard underneath to find drips and I can’t find any I don’t think I have leaks and I don’t think a head gasket is blown. But in the morning when I check the coolant level there is still pressure on the cap. I also have noticed that the reservoir doesn’t seem to work. Like when my radiator used to get low and it never fed coolant back through into the radiator. So I’m thinking could the system be pushing coolant into the reservoir and not letting it come back in which is what is leading me to think I have a leak?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could, that function is a part of the radiator cap. It’s supposed to draw back in as it cools to prevent radiator collapse.

So, if the vent isn’t working, the reservoir would fill when pressure exceeds 15-psi but remain at that level and not drain back into the radiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have noticed that the reservoir doesn’t seem to work. Like when my radiator used to get low and it never fed coolant back through into the radiator. So I’m thinking could the system be pushing coolant into the reservoir and not letting it come back in which is what is leading me to think I have a leak?

Exactly - if you have a leaking hose or such it won't suck back from the overflow.

Austin Stephens said:
Okay so the level goes down over night... ...But in the morning when I check the coolant level there is still pressure on the cap.

Makes no sense.

Agreed.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I found it. Lower radiator hose barely leaking and it’s going onto the support for radiator so it wasn’t really dripping. I will put a new hose on tomorrow morning and update the thread if it is fixed or not.

I’m telling you I have nothing leaking

I'm somewhat confused, was there a leak you fixed or was there never a leak? Did you perform a pressure test on your cooling system? You'd know if the coolant was getting into the oil, it'd be milky grey. Why is it still pressurized after hours?

Mr Spock once said; if you eliminate all possibilities what remains, no matter how improbable, must be the solution (or something like that). What's left? You're burning antifreeze.