Cold air intakes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying a cold air intake for my 4.3. Ive been looking at the Airaid mainly because it's the cheapest I could find. Has anyone had any experience with cold air intakes themselves? Do you feel any real gains? Thanks.

97_chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah man it works you feel a difference the first time you step on the gas its hard to find a cheap one bro i got mine for 315 band new k&n intake.......but when you put the cold air if you want to feel alittle bit more kick add headers and youll feel it better flow to go with the intake

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
really not gona help a whole lot because ur now maf
ull love the tromp sound and the slight wistle but thats all ur gona get out of it
its gona make it run a lil rich also

i made my own out of a vortec air intake on my '90

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you wanted to make your own, Spectre sell's a nice aluminum top hat piece for either a carb or throttle body, as long as it has a 5 1/5th opening which TBI's do, and then you could use whatever you want from there on, or they sell polished aluminum tubing and couplers to go with it. It's real nice, and around here, several part's stores carry the Spectre brand or Jeg's and Summit have it too.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The spectre piece will fit, but you have to keep the ring underneath the breather, I have changed a couple of them out for a billet spacer, look's so much better!