Code 15 and 22?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bambam78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My rough running chevy finally decided to throw some codes my way, and i got a 15 and a 22, the only thing about it, is that i've recently replaced the cts, and tps :\

any ideas guys?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you unhook the battery to reset the computer after installing the new CTS and TPS? What brand of sensors did you use, Ive had the cheaper brands be no good, seems only ACdelco, espically for the CTS. Also check wiring at the plug ins.

bambam78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I "think" i reset the computer correctly, i unhooked the negative cable of the battery and let it set 20ish minutes, then reattached it, it idled good for 15ish seconds and then it started throwing the same codes again

The parts i used were "BMW" from advance auto

will check the wiring

bambam78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Updates

I have replaced the tps, AND cts with new AC DELCO parts, reset the battery and the tps code went away, and also the cts, however its still acting like the cts is bad, it runs OK when you first start it up and its cold, but runs ROUGH when hot, floods out, stalls out idling etc,

however, if i unplug the cts it idles fine, and runs like a ***** ape after the engine warms up, but runs rough when its cold

i've checked the wires and they seem all good, no cuts, or bare metal showing, is it possible my connector could be burnt up?

bad ecm?

i'm at a total loss guys, currently i have the cts unplugged, its almost un-driveable with it plugged in

bambam78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have since replaced the pigtail for the cts, and a few inches of wire, truck still runs like dirt, and will run good once the cts is unplugged

any new ideas guys?

bambam78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope, sure haven't where would they be located at?

thanks for the quick reply also

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are on one of the studs that the thermostat housing uses. It's either 2 terminal rings with 2 seperate wires or 1 terminal ring with 2 wires in it.

bambam78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh okay, yes i've cleaned and replaced all the wires bolted to the stud a few weeks ago, also put a new shiny stud in its place just incase it wasn't getting a good ground, no change at all