Clutches?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's everyone running for a clutch? I need a new one. The clutch is 12" x 1 1/8" 10T correct?

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How's the engagement on that clutch? Doesn't chatter does it?

Sent from my iPhone

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found out why my clutch was chattering so much. I only want to do this job once, that's why I was asking about a quality clutch. The clutch that was put in, had a bent disc. Only signs of wear is on about a a quarter of the flywheel and pressure plate.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Have your flywheel turned for sure before putting a new clutch in.

In my 88 behind the 454 i have the same Hays Supertruck as Chewy posted. It works great.

In my 98 dually I put a centerforce dual friction in it. Towing 16k with it no problems there either.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan on having the flywheel turned, and a new clutch kit. From what I've read, it seems the only choices are the Hays or Centerforce. Just wondering about the differences between the two. I use my truck mostly for DD. I do tow and haul with it, so I need a quality clutch that can keep up. I'm not too concerned about a stiff pedal. ( I kinda prefer a stiffer pedal compared to a softer pedal )

This is too much work to do twice. I'm hoping this will be the last time I do this!