Clutch and flywheel for an NV4500 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4bangerfury

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

After having two 4l60e's bite the dust, I decided to replace it with an NV4500 :biggun:. Automatics are boring anyways. The truck is a 95 Yukon GT. The trans I picked up is from a 95 GM 4x4, not sure exactly what model. The trans code on top is GAKD confirming it's a 95.

I've gone through a lot of the swap threads, but didn't find much on what clutch and flywheel people use. I was just going to use a stock flywheel and clutch from a 2500 or 3500 with the 5.7 engine. This should still be compatible with the 5.7 in the smaller trucks, right? And I need a bellhousing meant for the external slave cylinder as well? Just want to make sure before I start buying more parts for this swap.

Thanks!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Everything you need to know ... this is what im doing for mine!

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?953-88GMCtruck-s-NV4500-Swap

Quick google searchs will get you lots of info... If your looking for info on this site particularly, just write what your looking for on Google, end the search with gmt400, always works for me. Better search bar then our sites search bar, quick tip :)

LS2Goat

Reaction score
I've got a spare external slave bell housing, as well as a brand new ac delco clutch kit. I would sell them pretty cheap together, but shipping will not be cheap.

4bangerfury

Reaction score

4bangerfury

Reaction score

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordering the 350 flywheel and 454 clutch & PP would give you what I currently have. I would do 2 things if I were you...

1. Look up (Rock Auto or whomever) both a 350 flywheel and a 454 flywheel. Who knows, they might be the same...

2. If they are NOT the same, I'd try to find a company local to your area who deals a lot w/ clutches and such and talk to them. You can always make a long distance call and go to the place that I bought my clutch from, KY Clutch... 502.955.9173 Chek 'em out @ http://www.kyclutch.com/ Nothing but clutches... piles and piles of clutches...

Mark

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
You have a '95 trans? That is a one year only NV-4500, research carefully what bellhousing fits it. It should have originally been an internal slave bellhousing but it has the bolt pattern of the early NV-4500s. Not sure what diameter the front bearing retainer is (or if it changed).

I have driven David's (88GMCtruck) '88 and his Hays Super Truck clutch is really nice. I was contemplating it for my '83 when I 6.0L/NV-4500 it.