Cluster speedo not accurate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Selrahc360

Reaction score
I started off by calling the local auto zone and seeing if their fancy hand helds could reprogram my gear ratio to try to get the Spedo close to accurate, but the said they don’t have anything that would go back that far (year model wise). They recommended some website that sells them, I think it was summit racing, so I called the local summit and they said they also don’t have anything that would go back that far. They recommended another place and same thing. So I called a local tuner shop to try to get the Spedo fixed (also a badass tune) and they told me they couldn’t tune anything older than a 1997. that’s when I found the cluster instrument repair shop in Atlanta, but I never pursued that. I was willing to buy a $500 hand held but could not find a single one that could tune mine guaranteed.
Blackbeard tuning Idaho.

densobro

Reaction score
Blackbeard tuning Idaho.
Yeah I emailed them and asked them what all would I gain from their tune.
And my Spedo problem.
This was their reply
You must be registered for see images attach

Once I figure out the gear ratio, I can let them know and I’ll have the problem fixed, along with some better performance and mpg. Just gotta save up money for that..

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I started off by calling the local auto zone and seeing if their fancy hand helds could reprogram my gear ratio to try to get the Spedo close to accurate, but the said they don’t have anything that would go back that far (year model wise). They recommended some website that sells them, I think it was summit racing, so I called the local summit and they said they also don’t have anything that would go back that far. They recommended another place and same thing. So I called a local tuner shop to try to get the Spedo fixed (also a badass tune) and they told me they couldn’t tune anything older than a 1997. that’s when I found the cluster instrument repair shop in Atlanta, but I never pursued that. I was willing to buy a $500 hand held but could not find a single one that could tune mine guaranteed.
I don't know what newbie you talked to @ Summit, but I found these on the Summit website in under a minute.
They will ALL recalibrate the speedo/odo in your truck.

Selrahc360

Reaction score
I don't know what newbie you talked to @ Summit, but I found these on the Summit website in under a minute.
They will ALL recalibrate the speedo/odo in your truck.

Yes but you get other goodies in the Black bear reprogram. Trans shift
, ECU fuel remap and a delete.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Yes but you get other goodies in the Black bear reprogram. Trans shift
, ECU fuel remap and a delete.
The Jet Dynamic Spectrum Tuner 14005 will let you tune anything that the computer has a value for. And you can change the tune anytime you want.

It's like an HP Tuner for older vehicles.

densobro

Reaction score
Although the tire size is significantly different, that doesn't account for that big of a speedo discrepancy. Is your trans original?
Yes 4l60e brand new from GM. And the tires are standard size for the truck. I definitely need to get this fixed soon because my odometer is climbing fast and I got a 100,000 mile warranty for the motor and tranny

comesummer

Reaction score
Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue with my speedometer and my truck is stock everything.