Chrome pvd finish or Polished for DD

Chrome or polished

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I'm no expert on chrome/polished so I can't really chime in on the pro's/cons of them... But for some reason I prefer the polished over the chrome. Just always seem a little more subtle and clean looking to me

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
2nd vote for polished.

On that choice of wheels though, you're gonna drop HOW much? Or to put it another way, don't think the 8's for fronts have enough backspacing for anything more than a 2" drop.

Richard

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have and always will choose a polished finish over a chrome finish.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the polished look over chrome , i just don't want something I have to polish every weekend.. is there a polish and sealer you guys could recommend.

Thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A great product on the market for sealing them was Zoops Seal, I think it's no longer made but has been replaced by a similar product called ShineSeal. It's kinda pricey though. Go search the name at Summit and look at the different kits they have, but you'll be out about $70 for the mini kit. Pricey.

Dunno man. I haven't sealed my Centerlines ever, but being rotary forged they have a really tight "grain" to the aluminum and hold a shine forever.

Some people wax their aluminum, seems to help. If you're in a dry area, raw polished aluminum will look good for a long time with very little care. Also many polished wheels do have a clear coat on them from the factory.

#1 thing though is get rid of your semimetallic brake pads if you're running them, and go high quality ceramic; I'd suggest Wagner Thermoquiet ceramic. All arguments about semimet vs. ceramic aside, if you don't want your wheels dusted to crap (that stuff eats the finish, too) and still want good braking power, go Thermoquiet ceramic.

Richard

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I have the same wheels for my 63 Impala, I think mine are chrome tho, but for yours I say polished.

Btw, I love your truck! (might be a bit bias)