chrmar's 1996 K1500 ECSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drove up to the north shore yesterday and picked this truck up. It is a '96, 5.7L, third door, etc etc. Here's some pictures that the seller took:

You must be registered for see images attach

On the way home (family truckster photobombing in the back):

After pulling off the floppy bug deflector, bed rails, tail light covers, and rear window vent shade.

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Immediate concerns are the driver's side rocker panel and a couple gaskets for the engine. Will probably put my other set of wheels on it. It is an aftermarket starter and keyless entry but the starter isn't working would like to get that working again. Also shopping for a tonneau cover.

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I stopped at the hardware store yesterday on the way home from work to buy a blade to scrape a sticker off my back window. Ended up talking to an older gentleman in the car next to me while I was doing it and he told me to "take care of that truck, it looks kinda pretty." :D

After going through the folder of receipts that came with the truck, it had a brand new GM replacement transmission installed in 2007. My speedometer is out by between 10-20 km/h; I'm wondering if the transmission is calibrated for 265/75R16 tires? It originally came with 245s and that's what is on it now.

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did some research and adding the speedometer error with the ABS fault and O2 sensor fault looks like I have a bad VSS.

I picked up a set of GMT800 GMC centre caps to go with my chrome wheels as the bowtie ones are my dad's. I had came across a set of four metal 4x4 stickers for a squarebody so I put them on and it turned out pretty good!

chrmar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapped over the chrome 5-spokes with 265s:

And the Holden front end: