Chris AU's '94 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Got a lot of little things done tonight. Swapped the interior lights to LED's and replaced one of the door jamb switches. Also figured out why my lock doesn't work on the drivers side when I use the key, the plastic clip is no where to be found. Going to pick one up tomorrow and fix that. Got the old Bully steps off of it, the drivers side one was broke off anyway and all that was there was the brackets. Had to drill a screw out, they were more of a PITA than I thought. Decided I'm going to throw on cab lights soon, love them and I'm just going to put a switch on my center console and tap into the power wire for the dome light and boom. Easy job. Also did some "mud" painting to hide the frame haha, looks nice and clean.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Got a lot of little things done tonight. Swapped the interior lights to LED's and replaced one of the door jamb switches. Also figured out why my lock doesn't work on the drivers side when I use the key, the plastic clip is no where to be found. Going to pick one up tomorrow and fix that. Got the old Bully steps off of it, the drivers side one was broke off anyway and all that was there was the brackets. Had to drill a screw out, they were more of a PITA than I thought. Decided I'm going to throw on cab lights soon, love them and I'm just going to put a switch on my center console and tap into the power wire for the dome light and boom. Easy job. Also did some "mud" painting to hide the frame haha, looks nice and clean.

Awesome, cat wait to see. Let me know how that cab light set up works. I might want to do that once I can actually find a truck in good condition

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not just tap into the headlight switch an do away with the switch just for those so you don't have to worry about leaving them on?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Why not just tap into the headlight switch an do away with the switch just for those so you don't have to worry about leaving them on?

Suppose I could. I was going with a least amount of wiring approach. I'll ponder on it haha