Chris AU's '94 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Went back out because I remembered I wanted to "lock" the tailgate, seeing as how I have $200 in the banner alone ha. Purposely put the screw facing down, even if someone wanted it bad enough they can't use a screw driver, socket, or ratcheting wrench. Its going to take an open wrench and a lot of time to take my tailgate lol. Also got some pics of my eBay 3rd brake/cargo light, pretty bad a$$ for $29 IMO. Plugged right in.

You must be registered for see images attach

Damn, that looks good

Sent while pulling out a Ford

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Thanks! Just ordered a couple of 7" LED bars to mount under the rear bumper somewhere as backup/utility lights.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That brake light looks good. Do you got a theft problem out there that you had to clamp the tailgate? Neat idea, just never really had a reason to do it.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
No no theft problems at all. Id say once a month I leave the garage door open on accident and consequently the house wide open. Nothing is ever touched. I'd just hate to be at Wal Mart or something and some crackhead fancy my tailgate when I have so much money in it. Quick trick I saw a while back and I already had the clamp.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Link for your 3rd light off eBay? I ordered one a few weeks back but junked it because when I plugged it in the light automatically illuminated without the brake applied and truck not even on. I tried fixing it but it was not working. Would really like to replace my third with something nicer.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm assuming that everything on the lights work like they should?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Did a couple small things tonight, got a stock shift knob on the transfer case shifter and I cleaned and painted my front skid plate I had bought for my 98, mainly because I wanted to play with my new die grinder lol

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Wow that tail gate banner looks great. Just the few changes you've already done to the truck make it look way better.